lunes, 5 de noviembre de 2007

September wrap up

September shaped up to be a busy month, as I was involved in the planning process for the October Playas/Galapagos project. I have been working with Jone Hernández on the coast of Ecuador, unlike other MMI nationals that I have worked with, MMI isn’t Jones fully time job, she and her husband have their own Architecture firm in Guayaquil. So, she runs her projects on a volunteer bases, will less time to donate to the projects. Working with her has been a really great experience for two reasons. First, she networks a huge amount with the community. MMI almost always works in collaboration with local churches; however, on Jones projects she finds creative ways to really pull the community into the project, in many different ways. Second, I get a lot more responsibility in project organization when I’m with Jone, so I learn a lot more about the in’s and out’s of being a project director, both pre and during clinic.

With that said, I have really been enjoying being a more involved part in project organization, which has gotten my wheels turning about the possibilities of being a project director some day.

No hay comentarios: